Rollover bar and soft top

Hi Chaps,

I recently fitted a roll over bar. I obtained it second hand and it seems to be this type

https://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID600373

Anyhow, it all installed well but I find it is a tight squeeze to erect the softwood over the bar. My first thought is whether I have fore/aft position of the bar correct. I tried to find a position that didn't limit the seat position too much while allowing the soft top to fit.

It would be really helpful to know if others have had this issue and perhaps some pictures of how others have mounted the same bar.

Also as an aside I take it that the bar won't fit under the OE hardtop?

Cheers

Tim

Tim

I have a similar problem with the passenger side of the hood catching on the bar. I'm away from the car at the moment but can send photos next week. As an interim measure I use a piece of card between the roll bar and the hood bar to protect the vinyl, but I'm toying with the idea of slotting the mounting holes in the bar so I can slide it forward the fraction of an inch required to ease the problem. I've seen others with the same problem, so you're not alone! I've also seen a neat protective solution with an aluminium band which I think i have a photo I can send.

Cheers

Steve

Tim, I have the same kind of roll-over bar on my 6 now for over 30 years and use it with soft and hardtop. never had any clearance problem with it. But on the other side I don't know if it's the same size as yours.

A plus is that you are able to fit a 3rd braking light, very visible in every situation.

My car is fitted with Recaro seats and they limit the seat track, for me no problem as I'm a rather small person... ;)

post-754-0-51123700-1505465701_thumb.jpg