You dont need a lot of heat to get the rubber alight then they will start to melt and you can push the rubber section out. Then resort to your original plan of using a hacksaw blade in two places i.e. 2 oclock and 6 oclock to collapse and remove the outer tube of the bush. Obviously get them burning outside as its pretty acrid smoke!

Stuart.

Morning Niall

Another early riser!

What will cutting the head of the bolt off achieve? The bolt is stuck in the bore of the metal bush. The metal bush is stuck to the rubber bushes and the rubber bushes are pretty well welded to the bore of the T/A. With my memories of tightening the head down to 105 ft/lbs of torque I would guess I am having to exert in excess of 300 ft/lbs just to turn the bolt and rubber bush combination. I will probably end up cutting off the head and tail end and carefully inserting a .circular drill bit to cut away the rubber. What a mission. I thought t was going to be a doddle, just a few bolts to undo!

Cheers

Simon

I cut Head and Thread off the Bolt,hit the Bracket with a Hammer to spread it a bit,Hammer and Punch and moved the Bolt slightly and out popped the Wishbone.

Got 3 bolts out but the 4th will not shift so will cut off the head and thread and burn out the rubber so the rest of the bolt and tube should just drop out. (well that's the theory anyway). Going back to the bracket notches. f any of you have the original blue workshop manual for the 4A look in the suspension section and the instructions for removing T/A's and it definitely say 4 and 2 for the notches. What else dd they get wrong?

Cheers

Simon