Seems like ground clearance is a general issue from this. My suspension had been lowered when I bought my car, and apart from the jack not getting under, the exhaust manifold has been squashed, I'm guessing due to grounding out at speed, and the sump has numerous dents. While the handling was great on a smooth road, we don't have many of those, and it was also not great on speed bumps.

As I'm now rebuilding the car I'm considering changing the springs, and possibly even going for the Moss "uprated road/rally 390lb springs" (https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr5-6/steering-suspension).

Has anyone used these? It says they have a "slight raise in ride height", but not sure how this will translate in terms of how the car will look and handle, so any insights would be much appreciated before I make a decision.

Thanks!

Parry

Parry,

You need advcie on the best combiantion of spring rates front and rear, for the front arb you have.

And the increase in ride height you mention is from standard gound clearance, not what you have at present.

Increased ride height will increase roll in hard cornering.

Peter