TR6 OXC 640J

Hi Phil,

I would do a DVLA trace on their Form V888, it only costs £5? and they sent me over 30 photo copies of the different owners and amendments. I did this on an old BSA motor bike, it was the best £5 that I have spent in a long time. This gives you a good history tree and you can see how long each person owned the car, from the original issue date of V5s. The only area you may have trouble is pre 1976 as County/City Councils were still keeping the records and V5s had not been issued by the DVLA yet. But I did get a copy of pages 5 to 8 of the old green log book and you will know where it was first registered. I spoke to the City Council that had issued the Reg. and to my surprise they had microfilmed their original records and was able to get a copy of the entry.

Bruce

Bruce thanks for the reply

I think the car must be known within the register as its got the tr register badges on the windscreen and grille, but as last resort I will try DVLA.

By the way the number plate has the name W R Hooper printed on it, I dont think this is a garage but one if the owners names?

Regards

Phil

Bruce

In the process of buying it just trying to gain more info on its history, it seems pretty original and straight, but there's nothing history wise with it. I like to know where the vehicle has been etc. I've not seen the V5 yet but I'm told by the current owner that its has 5 previous owners, looks to me as though its been stored for a while

I'm thinking its been south west Devon area, but that's just a bit of amateur detective work!

Regards

Phil

Phil,

In your case I would definately go for the V888 straight away even if the current owner has to sign the V888, its worth a fiver! When I got my history paperwork from the DVLA, I contacted 4 of the previous owners and found that they were only too pleased to talk to me. I gained a lot of info from them and one of them had still a lot of history in a file which he sent me.

Bruce.

Good idea Bruce.It could take up to 4 or 5 weeks for a reply though. I know someone who did get a response though in just over a week. I found all previous owners by doing it, but it took a while with three of them because they had changed address a couple of times and one lived in the Canary's.

The car has had about 8 different registrations.

Dave

Just an update

I've found out from the previous but one owner that the car was owned from 1982 - 2015 by an ex aircraft engineer, some 33 years, the car being put into storage in 1999.

The engineer had the engine revamped, but the sills and driver floor requires attention. An original 1970 150bhp

Anyway just got to get the history from 1970 -1982

Thanks to all that have replied

Phil