Thoroughbreds change rules to ban Modsports MGBV8s

Pam stood down ?? have not found that info yet

calendar : -- yes it is out but subject to Bernie and F1 confirming their program .Looks like 3 double head rounds and have to commit to all 3 when registering ?

Why the increase i wonder with less races. Perhaps Phil Lamb our rep may have info.

Roy

It is simply that the championship may not be viable otherwise! Numbers are needed to ensure its continuation - without the V8s last year there would not have been enough to satisfy MSA requirements. The registration fee increase has been required, I think, in part by reason also of low numbers and maybe no longer has any sponsorship? Numbers and advance commitment is needed to preserve the Championship - it needs everyone's support!

Edited by alan57

Aha, I must have miss read that (got from Steve W), I saw the 3 dates, but presumed that these were just the double headers they had announced so far and there were to be other one of race at other venues through the year (as normal).

"Pam proposed three meetings with double headers and MGCC had agreed that the two Championships would be joined at these three meetings and possibly allow a split grid. MGCC have to amalgamate races at large grid circuits due to the cost of the hire of the circuit and the low entry fees they try and keep."

9th April 2017

Donington DH

MSCC

17/18th June 2017 (Prov)

Silverstone GP DH

MGCC

30th September

Snetterton 200 DH

Pam had sent a mail on the 16th Nov last year pre Driver Meeting saying:-

The steps proposed will finish my 46 year stint with the Championship from back in 1976 when it first started with the MGA Challenge and if it reboots it I will leave somebody else to carry it forward.

Maybe not then.

I can probably only do one of those (the middle one), the Sept 30 one is my birthday and think going away.... Nuts.

I had heard from Colin that the MGA have gone to something new the AMOC are doing, no Morgan's (no big engine MGBV8's - a good thing), could be tough year. If I can do the Silverstone one as a one off I'll be there though.