The Jabbeke car is some sort of archeology of its own. Kidding aside: it's wonderful to realise that the TR fraternity is so big and divers that it's able to run three interesting veneus in one weekend!

I know that this answer doesn't help, though...

Menno

Edited by Menno van Rij 2
  • 1 month later...

We now have some more information about the return to Jabbeke to celebrate the anniversary of the speed trial:

The plan is that a number of TRR members and their TRs will accompany the car to Belgium. We will take the Eurotunnel on 19th May departing 1150hrs and returning on Monday 22nd May, again by Eurotunnel on the 1150hrs service. We have made room reservations at the Ibis De Haan (tel +32 59 24 20 30 or book online at www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-8092-ibis-de-haan/index.shtml ) for the 19th – 22nd May. If you would like to join us, you'll need to make your own booking for the Eurotunnel and the hotel. Everyone is welcome to come along.

If you require any additional information, please contact the Chiltern group leader, Peter Bowden. Email: peterbowden@btinternet.com

Darren

Enjoy the Belgian coast! It's really nice over there. We always enjoy our stay there (My son and I go there 2x a year for sailing regattas in Nieuwpoort). The Belgian coastal towns are even 'mondaine' at some places. More Maseratis/mile that anywhere else north of Paris.

Pick your restaurants carefully. Even a modest dinner can cost you an arm and a leg. On the other hand, Belgian restaurants can be very, very good. The TripAdvisor site can help you. Normal supermarkets offer a lot too: Albert Heijn/Delhaize, Carrefour, Lidl.

I think that the Last Post Tradition in Ieper /Ypres is something every British citizen has to see. Even I - from the Netherlands- was moved.

Menno

Edited by Menno van Rij 2