Wipers wipe too far

Trying to resolve a problem with the wipers on a friends post 60k 3A. They wipe about 10 degrees too far. The motor is marked DR3A 75446A. AFAIK, the DR3 was a two speed option for the 3A but the DR3A was fitted to the TR4. I'm assuming that the arc of sweep on the motor we have is for a TR4, I will take the top off tomorrow and see if the gear wheel is marked with the degrees.

Can anybody tell me the sweep in degrees for the sidescreen cars, I have read that it is 130 degrees.

Thanks John

Hi John

I recently did a full overhaul of my 3A wipers and used a 115 gear.

One area may be worth a look is the wiper axle boxes securing screws. The are 2BA and if they are not tight the wiper spindles will flop about on the rack and the wipers may over travel off the screen.

One check maybe with doing is to push pull on the wiper spindle. If this is excessive check those 2BA are tight.

All the best

Roger