What to do...

Hi Chaps,

Currently waiting for the TR to be sent off to paint.

Been musing over the engine. Last year during the chassis swap I gave the engine a refresh (new bearings, camshaft, tappets, rockers and recon head. Also replaced the MU with a Neil Ferguson unit..

Runs great and had a fantastic trip to Spa with it. Only issue was a duff injector and worn throttle bodies (which have now been refurbed by prestige).

Anyhow my plan last year was to fit a Moss supercharger kit, but they have been discontinued. In preparation for this I fitted a triumph PI saloon camshaft. Now I'm thinking... With the car dismantled, should I swap it for something more fruity? Would mean recalibration the MU as well..

I have to say I didn't really notice any difference when I fitted the saloon camshaft except a smoother idle.. Mind you the old camshaft had many of its lobes worn down..

If I was to swap camshafts which one would be recommended.. Have heard good things about Newman cams..

Thoughts?

Cheers

Tim

Newman PH1 is a lovely cam and is a delight to drive but, for some reason did not make power after 3500RPM. It might have been the way I set it up although I timed it properly.I fitted it on the advice of the guy in Germany who has built many Six cylinder TR engines and makes good power albeit over boring and using VW or Mazda pistons. Step too far for me.

Changed cam to PH2 and all is well with power where I expected and showed on the rolling road.

Shame I could not get the PH1 to work as it is a lovely, lovely cam.

I am on EFI and rolling road was all done by Dave Walker (Emerald) top guy.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter