I have been fitting my repaired front panel to the 3a after a delay at the paint shop. The panel fits well and I have spent two days fitting all the bumpers lights etc. The front grill was quite time consuming.

The letters on the panel are tricky to fit with the panel in place and my fingers are sore from pushing those little clips.

The real problem is that when I went to fit the bonnet catch, the front support bar has been fitted the wrong way so that the holes on the underside of the the bar are at the wrong side of the car. The obvious answer is to remove the front panel and start again. It is new paint, fits well and I want to be road testing the new water pump. I am sure that if I take it off there will be damage, scratches and problems.

The question is how can I drill new holes on the underside of the bar from the engine bay? Is there some tool that might help to drill upwards.? Is there another way to fit the bonnet spring? :unsure:

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks Richard & H.

Hi Richard.....i ran my car for years without the little angle brackets with no trouble. :o Just re fitted them. I wondered what they were after the first rebuild! Now I know.

Iain