Storage of TR

Guest Six Pack

Guest Six Pack

Greeting from Canada, Vancouver.

I will be parking my treasured TR6 for the winter.

What is the best way to store the car?

I will bring it back on the road sometime in April 2006.

Cheers.

Bob H.

<smart a*** mode>

I just put the roof down. I find the sun in summer too strong, but in winter it's loverly, and it rains less too  :P

</smart a*** mode>

Sorry, couldn't resist...

John

PS Hope you get a nice long Indian summer, and an early spring - wouldn't want any withdrawal symptoms to kick in :)

Hi Bob, I purchased a "carcoon" last year for my TR5. Not cheap to buy about £300  I think,running cost at about 20 pence a day. It keeps the damp/insects/dust etc off the vehicle and has a battery conditioner with it. I usually leave the hand brake off and the bonnet open to avoid siezing . It is easy to put up and take down about 5-10 mins either way. there are other types on the market at varying prices. Hope this is of help.

Hi Bob,

I just moved from North Van to Kelowna, I should have read the forum more regularly, we could have gone for a spin up the Sea-to-Sky to the Duffy Lake road outside of Pemberton.

Provided the rain doesn't get into the car and you park it in a garage, the lay up shouldn't be too onerous. When I winterize my motorcycle, just a few PSI extra in the tires, oil change, battery off and on to the bench for charging, lubricate all of the moving parts and cover with a dust sheet. I don't bother with fuel stabilizer, just run the carbs dry. Starts first time in the spring once the fuel is pumped up to the float bowls. My TR was the same routine last year. It started once the carbs were primed.