Door pull cable and door trim

I'm starting to assemble the doors and I have tested the door pull cable without the door trim and all seems well. When I install the door trim there is a metal bracket that looks like it it intended to keep the cable away from the door pocket but what I am finding is the cable will not slide over this bracket and instead the bracket is gripping the outer cable and the door mechanism will not operate. I'm apparently not full understanding how this is supposed to work..

IMAG0262_zps1tvri1qb.jpg

Just bend it out a bit more Stan, the cable is only supposed to rest on it not be held by it. The only reason its there is to stop the cable wearing down through the rear end of the pocket

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Just bend it out a bit more Stan, the cable is only supposed to rest on it not be held by it. The only reason its there is to stop the cable wearing down through the rear end of the pocket

Stuart.

I phrased my description poorly Stuart, the loop in the bracket is wide enough to accommodate the outer cable but when you push the cable down the sharp edge of the bracket is digging into the plastic outer cable and not allowing it to move. It could be that the bracket is not at the correct angle, or I need to adjust the cable so it creates a different angle to the bracket.

Stan

Sounds more as if the bracket edge needs rounding off a bit to stop that then. Cant really tell from the pictures the shape of it. How much slack do you have on the cable? if there is a lot you will be pulling downwards more into the pocket which will increase the drag on the bracket.

Stuart.

Sounds more as if the bracket edge needs rounding off a bit to stop that then. Cant really tell from the pictures the shape of it. How much slack do you have on the cable? if there is a lot you will be pulling downwards more into the pocket which will increase the drag on the bracket.

Stuart.

I have about .5 inch of the cable protruding through the bolt at the latch end, I'll try rounding off the bracket edge and tightening the cable and see if that helps.

I removed all of the slack from the cable and now the door pull operates the latch with the door card in place. The cable is still visible/accessible in the pocket (just) so I guess this is how it was meant to be. Thanks for the help Stuart.

Stan