TSCC Rockingham 10 Apr

No, I'll be at Snetterton this coming Saturday, CSCC Swinging 60s.

Plus, there's a GT6 (Stuart Dayburn), and of this parish Dave Bailey in his TR4, and Richard Owen in his TR2.

John

Hi ntc.. what is happening at Cadwell?

If it is major rallying then you might find Steve Hall in a TR4

Having built my car as a rally car I transferred back to the track about 2 yrs ago

Michael

Edited by MichaelH

Hope all goes well today at Rockers.

Just back - well back at 0130 this morning, just finished a restorative breakfast - from Snetterton. Ye gods, it's along way, six hours in either direction (US readers ignore that bit)

The weather was miserable, even for Snett, It was a lovely day when it wasn't raining, which it was, all the time, until halfway through my race, which made for a highly technical event with lots of bodywork problems to be taken care of later. In my race alone eight cars met the Armco, which bumped me up from 24th in practice to 19th in the race, ( I wasn't brave enough to come off) but I did improve on my qualifying time by ten seconds, by some judicious balancing or tyre pressures and shocker settings.

Lovely sunny day today, so house and home hung with drying gear.

Anyone for Silverstone?

John

Hi John,

Good news and some not so good

Racing was great: got dropped at the start by the 2 other TRs (Phillip Lambe TR6 and Roy Chamberlain TR5) but managed to get back and passed both although Roy did get back - that was the good news

the bad lies in the condition of the big end bearings and crank - yet to be inspected. So had a dnf as a result again!!!

Rockingham is a combination of twisty in field and about a third of the oval which is wide and flat out round the bend: using my o/d I actually could pull in the 6 cylinder cars which was a revelation and the rest depended on who handled the corners better

Racing wise a great day but cold, dry and windy

Michael

Edited by MichaelH

Sorry to hear you have such a major problem in the offing. Hope the inspection goes better than you seem to hope.

Snett was my first race for two years, and with a new engine that seems to be all I built it for, 2L so that once it's properly run in I can reach for more revs than I ever dared with a 2.5, and at a wet Snett there was no need to use the O/drive as I only reached the 6K rev limiter at the end of the main straight. Banging from the LSD on corners, the slower the noisier, I hope was due to my forgetting to replace the rather old oil. Certainly a refill and a public road test drive yesterday sounded much better.

Also my first time in HANS. No probs with that as such, side to side movement full which I feared would be limited, but my harness shoulder straps were already tight and with little excess to take up once in place. With the HANS on my shoulders there was none! I must release a little extra from the back to make getting strapped in easier.

My next outing may be Crystal Palace Sprints, +/- Brands after that. Can't make Silverstone - I'm working on a rally in Keilder the day before, and that double drive would be almost as long as to Snett!

JOhn

The wifey (?) of a TR4 racer was on radio 2 drive time on Friday afternoon - apparently heading to Snett in a camper !

Had a look last night, dropped the sump and looked at the big ends and the center main, the bearings are flattened at the edge and ok in the middle and I think (& hope) that the crank is ok. at least it passes the nail test

Time to haul it all out and have a proper look

Michael