SPARE KEY - (ONE FOR KEVO !)

Dash is off for re veneering - metal back rust free - windscreen frame also good.

When I got the 6 it only came with an ignition key (or so I thought) when I removed the ashtray and empted it out (spent matches, broken bulb and a few cents) I found the door key screwed to the underside.

I had a huge amount of help from Kevin from the forum sorting door, boot and glove box locks etc and even with this surprise find I'm still very grateful for all his help - Kevin hope the minis coming on well !

post-13669-0-41168800-1458312507_thumb.jpg

Edited by mattyb

Nice discovery !

This key looks a small one like the boot. &/or the glove box.. is it really the ignition key ?

Regards

Dash is off for re veneering - metal back rust free - windscreen frame also good.

When I got the 6 it only came with an ignition key (or so I thought) when I removed the ashtray and empted it out (spent matches, broken bulb and a few cents) I found the door key screwed to the underside.

I had a huge amount of help from Kevin from the forum sorting door, boot and glove box locks etc and even with this surprise find I'm still very grateful for all his help - Kevin hope the minis coming on well !

Hi Matt, if only you looked their 1st ^_^, does it work anything now?

Thanks I'm always willing to help if I can. Nearly finished the Mini, will have to get my skates on now as my Son has just come home from South America :D.

Hope the progress of the 6 is going well.

Edited by Kevo_6

Cheers Kevin - not tried it !

I'm sure your son will chuffed with the mini - plus he can help now ! :wacko:

Put some pics of the mini on here - I'm sure everyone on here wont mind a classic of another kind ! :D

thanks again

Matt

Edited by mattyb

Nice discovery !

This key looks a small one like the boot. &/or the glove box.. is it really the ignition key ?

Regards

Hello Marc

No I always knew about the ignition key - the small key was found later in its secret hiding place !

all the best

Matt