Took the car out for a quick blast and when i checked under the bonnet found a wet mist of water and grease i found the water pump pulley had quite a lot of play so i take it the water pump has given up.

My car has done a genuine 59,000 miles so there is a good chance the water pump is the original it has a grease nipple fitted

My question is are these still available or will i have to use a modern sealed pump if so where is the best place to buy one. Thanks in anticipation .John.

Edited by yamr1man@virginmedia.com

Hi John

You can get the original re-built by these guys - very very good. I've just had a TR5 one done. Cost £61, includes life guarantee, with new heavy duty sealed for life bearings and seals etc www.ep-services.co.uk/ - Good service. No connection, but can recommend. This is the 2nd one I've had done - the other for my TR6, 20 years ago/70k miles and still going strong. In my opinion much better than the repros.

Best

Bill