Triumph TR2 1955 Original Engine Search

Hi

I know it's a really long shot but I just wondered if a register member may have the original engine from my RHD UK 1955 TR2 sitting in their garage/shed/garden or even car. The original block number was TS6280E.

I have full detailed service history for this engine from 1955 to 1962 and I also know that this engine was swapped out for a TR4 unit in 1975.

A question....I have the original buff log book which runs from 1955 to 1967. Was there a change to a different system or type of logbook at this time? Green logbook?? It's stamped 'entries discontinued by direction of MOT'.

Regards

Ade

Hi threej

Thanks for response.

So if I am correct, the Buff Log Book (RF60) was replaced by the Green Log Book (VE60) and then to the V5 (computerised system?

Would you have to surrender the Green Log Book at the point of change to V5?

Regards

Ade

No Ade

They just got replaced the same way as the V5 V5C did. Still have a couple myself.

How's it going re the new front apron & boot lid issues?

Cheers

Steve

In 1967 the change was that local tax offices stopped actually stamping the logbook each time someone retaxed their car...reason being that logbooks were running out of stamp space and needing replacing frequently.....thus the later green books were not stamped each time a car was taxed.

DVLA was set up from 1976 and worked backwards, computerising new cars first and getting back to cars ten plus years old by 1979...so a TR2 would not have had a V5 till late 1978/early 1979, even if it had been in full time use....its old green or buff logbook would have been valid till then.

As to engine, it might have been p/xed for a recon factory unit...Triumphs ground off the old block number and on top rivitted a brass plate with a new "FR" number...hence original engine number unidentifiable..... Bill Piggott