Spray gun advice

Hi all

I`ve primered my `6 shell but have had problems with my old DeVillbiss JLG gun `pulsing` (it`s not the compressor as it does it when the tanks full and the compressor is off) and the cheap Lidel gun is just about OK for unseen primered areas.

I`m about to start spraying the finish paint using two pack - I`ve got a separate compressor and full air fed face mask - but have lost confidence in my guns.

I`ve checked `fleabay` but am totally baffled as to what I should get as prices seem to jump from £15-25 and then jump to £80+.

Has anyone any advice or reccomendations as to what to use - I`d be very grateful

Thanks Neil

If your gun is pulsing strip it right down and renew the packing seal where the needle goes into the main body and also the "O" ring on the pressure control on the base of the handle and make sure the large copper washer under the main jet is clean and flat if not renew it, you can get a rebuild kit for these guns fairly cheaply and thats all it takes to re-vitalise them.

Stuart.

Air leaks through worn seals usually the cause, blocked vent hole, or too high paint viscosity.

Suggest you go for a gravity feed gun as they are much less prone to feed problems, and less sensitive to paint viscosity variations.

I bought a low cost Bergen gun on eBay, about £30 if I remember correctly, for the money it's giving good results, you pays yer money.....

Mike