Adjustable upper fulcrum confusion

Gents.

I will be fitting an adjustable upper fulcrum kit to my '3 shortly, along with 3° castor trunnions, steering geometry kit etc.

My fulcrum kit was made by Bastuck, & appears to be exactly the same as the Moss, & Revington's kit.

My confusion is as to which way up it should be fitted. The Bastuck instructions say:

"In case of lowered vehicle mount the shaft upwards, on original vehicles please mount the shaft downwards."

suggesting (mine being standard height) I fit such that the shaft is lower than standard.

The Revington instructions say:

"The pin supporting the wishbones is positioned in the fulcrum so that when installed the pin is 12mm higher than standard. This corrects the virtual swing axle dimension when the car is being used for fast road/ rally use with a ground clearance in the range 130 to 165mm. The fulcrum can be installed the other way up too. This lowers the pin by 3mm, correcting the virtual swing axle dimension for race use with a ground clearance in the range 90 to 120mm."

So I measured my ground clearance from road to underside of chassis at the front, result was around 180mm

This seems to contradict the Bastuck instructions unless I am reading it wrong.

Thoughts ?

Bob.