Oil Pressure Take of Adaptor pipe size Vitesse

Hi

Long shot, but just in case someone on here knows I'm trying to find out the block thread size for the oil pressure switch/gauge in my Vitesse block without removing it to find out. An hour or more trawling the web has failed to come up with the answer.

Firstly no its not 1/8" NTP I know all the manuals list it as 1/8" NTP and I know that all the later 6 cylinder blocks use a 1/8th NTP but this one isn't its bigger. No nobody retapped the block I fitted the original oil pressure gauge 35 years ago!

Its a bigger thread and its a paralel thread and uses a locking nut, at a guess from the tiny bit I can see it looks about 3/8" UNF or BSP. I found a vague reference to Triumph using 3/8" UNF on the TR4/4A so its possible that as my block is an early 2L one that they hadn't switched to 1/8" NTP yet, although all the other oil gallery plugs are 1/8" NTP.

Why don't I just remove it? Well I will if I have to but to do so means that I have to remove the oil filter canister which is a snug fit underneath the adaptor which prevents it turning, and as all I'm trying to do is source some fittings if someone knew the answer it would save a messy job this evening!

Alan

Rimmer Bros. seem to have two versions in stock, although neither one has a locking nut from the photos online. Maybe a ring to them could identify the thread without having to take yours out?

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID007793

GPS117.jpg

GPS117UR.jpg

Edited by Don H.