TR7 (V8) DHC for sale - eBay auction now

Guest RVL

My TR7 (V8) DHC is finally and currently for sale on eBay Item Number 4566769968. I have previously given notice of this item coming up. The car is Condition C (Good with some very minor niggles). It looks and drives beautifully and is an absolute beast. I have refrained from selling this car so many times as I love it but now it has to go.

It is on eBay for a starting bid of £1000 with no reserve. The car has an agreed insurance valuation of £5,000 and is in my opinion worth at least £2.5K all day. I require a very quick sale, garage space and the like and as a result of time-wasters previously, I am reduced to auctioning the car on eBay. Anyone who gets this car at £2K or below (and that is possible) will be as good as "stealing it" I would like it to continue to be cherished within the TR Register and I'm still hoping someone in the Register will commit to it. The auction runs to finality on Sunday, so if you are interested get onto eBay now and seek out the blue Triumph TR7 (V8) Convertible 3.5L being sold by rvl-wilderness. The new owner will not be disappointed.

I will send further information / photos to Register members who are interested by this forum or by the eBay route.

eBay Item Number: 4566769968

(Enter the item number in the search bar at the top of the eBay homepage)

Some members of the Register have asked if they could pay cash for the car other than using PayPal. I am prepared to offer the cash facility to Register Members, only by prior agreement and on the understanding that there is no further negotiation on the highest bid made on eBay. I still hope this will go to a TR enthusiast who will also use the TR Register for support and enjoyment. Regards - Richard :)

I'm the other way & I know of others who are reluctant to bid on things where people don't accept Paypal. I just can't be bothered to faff around with cheques, plus their is less protection. And even less muck about with cash.

Jim

With respect, I think that your views on payment methods are academic at least and irrelevant at best. If you want to buy the car then PayPal is my preferred method but I am facilitating the cash payment method to TR Register members should they wish to buy. Not really interested in the debate guys, more concerned about the sale of the car and that a TR is sold to someone who will continue to cherish it and preserve the marque. :angry:

You will expect a few comments by posting your car details into the TR7/8 discussion forum though Richard.

Such as the disgracefully low value of our cars.  I've not seen your car, but from the description and pictures I'm surprised you don't yet have a much higher bid.

Malcolm.

Well if I didn't have to sell Malcolm , then I wouldn't. I believe that I have described the car much worse than it really is. Went out this morning in it for a drive - listening to that gorgeous V8 burble and able to blow each and every away as necessary. As I've written before these are well underated cars. Mine is a peach and there are people buying TR7s 2L for about £1500; my car is in good order with a very expensive V8 conversion already done; why it isn't attracting higher offers beats me.:(
Well it certainly looks like a huge bargain from here. It's possible that a number of people are interested but are waiting until the auction is nearing the end before bidding. This is very common and the prices typically go up very rapidly in the space of a minute or two?

A Proper link may help, so here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=4566769968

I agree with martyn, prices always go up in the last few hours and even more so in the last 2 minutes, I agree on your value based on the information you've supplied, and can see it reaching what your after by the end. Just sit tight and enjoy the last minute bidding fever  :D

Cheers,

Tom

Well guys, the car sold for just under £2,500 which is what I believed it to be worth. It attracted over 3,500 viewings and had 112 watchers. This should be a good indication as to what your own cars are really worth. I think some were asking too high, unrealistic prices for their cars (resulting in no sale / no bids). I will be sad to see the beast go but I hope it has been sold to someone who will cherish it and get many years great fun out of it. :)
Thanks Alec, I do feel cheated that work commitments kept me out of TR social events for the past few years and I never gave the Welsh / local groups time to get to know me. When I lived in West-Mids, I so enjoyed being a part of the Staffs & Warwick group - some very nice people indeed. Maybe in a few years when dog, kids, etc don't require the seven-seater-shamonka then who knows, another V8 might just prove too tempting. (See my other post in Buy/Sell/Trade forum.  :cool: