Radiator shroud for PI

Am reinstating the original cold air box from the PO's K&N-on-the-end-of-the-plenum arrangement. Aim is to improve the the sooty 5/6 plugs that keep fouling in foul traffic.

Given that they're a little scarce here abouts, has anyone got a template they may have prepared for a DIY aluminium version that I could pinch/purloin/copy/get hold of?

Much appreciated lads

Matt

I am not very bright and am a little confused, you headed the thread 'Radiator shroud' but talk about 'on the end of the plenum'?

If it is a shroud (or cowl as it us sometimes called) they are dead easy to make.

I used 2mm sheet aluminium, a workmate bench, some 1/2" aluminium angle, blind rivets and some 4mm screws and nuts.

Piccys attached

I used the old card shroud as a template

In my case I have an oil cooler, so had the lift the bottom of the N/S of the shroud by 1" to clear the pipework

If you have difficulty getting hold of an old shroud in reasonable nick, I can do a heavy duty brown paper pattern of mine and send it out to you

Note:

Got a server error message, so need to delete some pictures I guess, will do it and add the ones here

Tried again but, still getting an error message and have cleared pictures from my file, so, guess there is a server issue, will keep trying

Edited by wjgco

Thanks wjgco

Issue is that the PO took off the shroud & airbox and placed a conical K&N directly onto the end of the plenum. It looks the part, but in traffic when hot she runs like a pig and fouls plugs on 5&6. I'm concerned that pulling hot air into the manifold is translating to richness at idle in the rear 2 cylinders as the injectors look ok & as far as I can see the butterflies open symmetrically. Hence the plan to revert to stock.

Whilst the airbox came with the car (PS-does anyone have a pic of how to setup those 2 pipes that attach and run infront of the radiator?) the shroud & manifold to box hose are long gone. None handy locally so I'm looking for "option Bs"

Well

Let's see if I can put the pictures up.

If you need the pattern, let me know.

You could buy one and modify it, but that's not so much fun

Sorry

Still getting the server error message

Try opening a photobucket account (free) then upload your photos, then and then add the URL that you will be offered by photobucket for each of you photos in turn, to your forum post message.

Sorry

Still getting the server error message

PM with my email sent if that's simpler?

Much simpler

Will sent the pictures once I have the garage tidy under control!