Robbins top, another favor needed..

Stan - The top from Robbins in 1990 had no felt - just the double flap as shown in the photo above. To tell the truth, that felt or velvet on my original hood got rubbed thin and what was left seemed to attract the rain by capillary action and it wept through. So I assume the double flap is an improved modification, but in 25 summers since I bought it, my hood had only been on the TR for about 3,000 miles of rain out of the 113,000 miles I have driven it.

If you plan to drive your TR3A mainly during nice weather, I assume that like me your hood will be stored in the boot.

BTW, buy a bag for the hood and also a double bag with separator to hold your sidescreens. I have both and when I take them out the boot, they still look like new. I put them in the boot on top of other items so they stay like new. NEVER lay yhem in the bottom and then place a 50 # tool box on top of them.

post-1056-0-16820300-1438799779_thumb.jpg

post-1056-0-53505300-1438799815_thumb.jpg

Edited by Don Elliott