Electrical cooling fan, Kenlowe, Conversion suction to blower

Hi,

I have a Cooling fan kit, Kenlowe, suction, 12" from Moss réf. TT29403 for TR2-4 (to be used as primary cooling fan, at the back of the radiator) and I would like to convert it to blower for a TR6 (to be used as an addition to original fan at the front of the radiator), accordingly I have few questions:

- 1/ Fan design Suction (S) or Suction & Blower (S/B): Is the fan design related to the Moss ref; TT2903 kit compatible suction and blower(S/B) or is it definitively a suction design type only (S) ?

- 2/ If the fan is S/B, Conversion suction to blower: Can I convert this fan suction to blower just by changing/flipping the fan side (Specific design allowing efficiency only on one way only) or the by changing the polarity (two way design)?

- 3/ Kenlowe ref. equivalence: In case I need to talk to Kenlowe, did you know the equivalence Kenlowe ref. of the Moss kits (I) ref. TT29403 (Cooling fan kit, Kenlowe, 12", suction for TR2-4 and (ii) ref. TT29442 Cooling fan kit, Kenlowe, 12", blower ?

The kit I have: http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/kenlowe-fan-kit-cooling-suction-12.html

The kit I need to reach: http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/kenlowe-fan-kit-cooling-blower-12-a7a7b5.html

Do not hesitate to advise, Thanks' in advance.

Best regards

Edited by Marc R

Most modern fans have permanant magnet type motors, so reversing the polarity will reverse the direction of rotation, however the fan blade design is probably optimised for "sucking", so unless you can remove the fan & replace it the other way round I doubt it will work as well as original.

Bob.

Most modern fans have permanant magnet type motors, so reversing the polarity will reverse the direction of rotation, however the fan blade design is probably optimised for "sucking", so unless you can remove the fan & replace it the other way round I doubt it will work as well as original.

Bob.

Hi Bob. We have the same understanding, meanwhile I sent an email to Moss to check if the fan/blade design is compatible both Sucher & blower, to determine the equivalence Moss Kit ref. vs Kenlowe fan ref. and check the motors techno.

In // I shall make a test as soon as I collect the cooling kit (unused spare part from a TR enthusiast)

Regards

Edited by Marc R