Hi Everybody

Well, I took the car for its MOT today and she passed ok

The examiner wanted to point out a couple of issues:

He said the wheel bearings needed adjusting (he says that every year!!) but I know that's not the case because the car has new bearings and I made sure they were properly "nipped up"

However, I noticed if I rock the front wheel from side to side (off the ground) there is a little play which is reflected in some steering wheel movement but there is no movement if I rock the wheel gripping at the top and bottom of the wheel

Any initial thoughts of where the slack may be before I think about stripping the front suspension down?

He also mentioned that the offiside trunnion is whithin a "fag paper" of catching the disc as it rotates . Could that be linked to the wear mentioned above?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be really welcomed

Thanks, Nick

Hi Nick,

holding the wheel at 12 & 6-o-clock should detect play in the wheel bearings.

'Nipped up' sounds interesting. usually the felt seal stops any nipping in the bud.

Any play when you rock the wheel with it on the ground could well be the TRunions etc

If you haven't looked at these for a couple of years then it may well be worth a look.

Roger