Targa Rusticana

Hi all

Im just about to send the entry off for the Targa for 3VC and I driven by John Korrison - yes I will be on the maps - a real first for me !

Anybody else turning up with a TR ?

Regards

Tony

Guest mrodbert

Jon and I will be there.

I nominated you and Andy/ Ade as the other 2 in our Tractors team (I also paid the £15, so you both owe me a fiver)

Looking forward to it, even if it is Jon's turn to drive.

I think we'll try and stay at the same hotel again.

Cheers,

Mark

• 5 weeks later...
Guest mrodbert

I see Tony has been booked in with Neil Revington, so I guess you're doing it in VC. Interesting to see what Tony's navigating is like  :D

Jim - we're staying at the Pencerrig Gardens hotel, same as last year. I think they still have some rooms left.

Andy and Ade - are you entered or not. Dont see you on the list.

I have already paid for a TRactors entry, so we need to make sure we use it.

Cheers,

Mark

Frankly im wetting myself at the thought of navigating - expect us to finish last (im sure the car will be great!) - all tips, instruction and leading by the nose most welcome .......... in fact can I have a tow ?

:)

Tony

Sadly Ade and I will not be out on this one - doing a full HRCR Championship season is taking a severe toll on my budget and Brownie points, so I'm sticking to doing only the ones I have to do for the championship for the rest of the year. Anyway, it's been worth it so far as I'm currently 2nd, but only by virtue of finishing everything I've entered :;):

cheers, Andy

Guest mrodbert

Andy - shame, we were looking forward to a chin-wag. Also, if you're flogging the TR, does this mean you're giving up this forum? Hope not.

Tony, Jim - Are you staying at the same place as last year? Fancy a beer on the Friday night? Also, are we entering as the TRactors? I have already paid the entry, so might as well.

Mark

Hi Mark

Yep, it's a shame but something's got to give I'm afraid - and of course I've got to find someone who wants to buy the TR yet, so I could be around for some time :D No doubt will still be checking in on the forum, seeing you on rallies and of course there's always Ade's TR4 .... :D

Mark,

Myself and David Ferry are staying at the same place as last year. Hope to see you on Friday night.

Andy,

I know you took your tr4 to a rolling road once, could you give me an idea of power figures for your engine?

Tony,

The dampers are great.

Jim

Andy,

I know you took your tr4 to a rolling road once, could you give me an idea of power figures for your engine?

Jim

Hi Jim

Currently producing about 135bhp, just over 100 at the rear wheels (there can be 10% inaccuracy though), pulls max revs in o/d top with a 3.75 cwp, and with it's current 4.55 ratio acceleration is manic, running with a fairly mild cam (TH5) and twin HS6's at present to give better low down response, which has worked well, so it's a pity we're not on the Targa as I would have loved to have seen how it went on the tests this year - it's 100% better than last year's car.  :(

cheers, Andy

See you at the hotel - we are in 6VC this time out due to tyres and stuff. This is Neils' car and well be coming from Somerset .......

Well ive bought the maps .....

Glad the dampers are the dogs Jim - no doubt on this but good to hear another independent view.

Regards

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a quick summary:

David Ferry wins an award for turning up in the nicest new car!

Mark and Jon win an award for best regualrity result.

Neil and Tony win an award for turning up in 6VC

I think Tony also wins an award for drinking the most Old Speckled Hen.

My car has now proved itself with reliable brakes at last. The sump guard took a battering at Hafren and Sweet Lamb (I think thats what there called).

Mr Dance in  a Guilia seems to be the man to beet on the tests in our class.

Thorougly enjoyable day, excellent weather and a New Navigator who would like to come out again.

Jim

Guest mrodbert

In addition:

Mark and Jon - highest placed Triumph (now there's a novelty)

Mark and Jon - 25th of 73 finishers on the road; 59th of 73 on the tests  :(  Wonder where we need to improve then. Anyone know a fast TR4 for sale.

Mark and Jon - worst placed exhaust pipe; in a farmyard, jon told "do not cut", but cut corner anyway and cracked the exhaust at the manifold. In fairness, it did look like he had gone far enough and the 3ft drop was all on my side.

Neil - best grin. He wore it all day in the face of overwhelming "navigation" and damage to the underneath of 4VC.

Tony and David - award for navigators on their first event. In all seriousness the plot and bash was fairly straight forward - for 3 regs: Sweet lamb and two deeliarities there was no plotting to do - but finding the route on the road was pretty hard due to extensive use of "whites", farmyards, footpaths (yes!), and the rest of the panoply of "not as map" that you don't see on any other event.

Organisers - award for a truly unique event. Sweet lamb and forest stages, sorry regularities, were fab and the tests were long, hard and gin enducing.

Tractors - for "only" being 5,125 pens behing the winning team.

Most stupid question - Ade and Andy why weren't you there?

Read all about it in Traction.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark and Jon - 25th of 73 finishers on the road; 59th of 73 on the tests  :(  Wonder where we need to improve then. Anyone know a fast TR4 for sale.

Organisers - award for a truly unique event. Sweet lamb and forest stages, sorry regularities, were fab and the tests were long, hard and gin enducing.

... as it happens I do know of a fast TR4 for sale  :)

and as for "gin enducing" .... that's got to be a first!! Speckled Hen I can understand  :D

... and we weren't there 'cos we're ****** stupid (and broke)

.... and now you know why I want a Guilia Sprint GT Veloce just like Mr Dance's

I'm out with Graham Dance on the AB Rally this weekend - should be fun!

cheers

Andy