I,m confused, or just plain wrong.

But fitting a new exhaust system and have a couple of questions please.

The central rear of gearbox exhaust mounting bracket has one huge bolt and welded on nut. As I couldn't see how on earth the old bracket could fit nothing in the area would take such a massive bolt.

So I have made up a bracket that is the same shape and size but with a hole in it that will take the bolt that supports the flexible mounting that supports the gearbox. Is that acceptable?

My second question is the engine is on flexible mounts, the rear silencers are on flexible straps, can it be right to bolt up the center section to a rigid mount?

Sorry to have to ask but the manual is not too clear on this, probably because the answer is plain bl***y obvious, just not to me.

Ah ha found some images on Google linking back to this forum, makes things a little clearer, also "some say" don't bother with it at all................

Edited by david c

Hi David

I have recently fitted a twin pipe system to my 6 the central bracket bolts to the gearbox mounting through the rear flange on the gearbox.

Hence large nut and bolt. Fixed solid to gearbox but flexible through mount.

Do you have the right bracket ?

Mark

Yes that's a great help, the flexibility issue now makes sense, and no I don't think I have the right bracket, bug**r.

Thanks Mark.