Hi,

Can anyone please help - I have a fairly significant fuel leak coming from the joint between my metering unit and the dizzy pedestal. Having read a few threads on this, I have changed the o ring seal twice, checked mating surfaces etc but no joy. I know there is another seal (diaphragm) at the other end of the fuel distributor between it and the mixture unit, but as fuel isn't leaking from that end I have assumed it is ok. Can anyone help or suggest further checks before I end up buying a recon unit at some cost. All suggestions most welcome. The sun is out but the car is disabled because of this issue. Thanks in anticipation :)

You will probably have to change the 2 seals in the pedestal, they are set back to back one to keep the oil in and the other to stop fuel getting into the engine, there is a little hole in the pedestal between the seals as a tell take leak, is the fuel coming from this?

Could also be coming from the overflow pipe connection, that's very near the front o ring seal and would like its coming from there.

John

Edited by John L

I have just had the same problem and sent it to Neil who did a first class job and gave great advice on refitting and bleeding injectors. My problem now is a slight misfire at idle and over run but no missing on full load. The other benefit is much improved fuel economy. Is my problem timing or fuel/air mixture at idle. Anyone with a tip please let me know

If you have popping on the overrun try 1/4 turn clockwise on the top (smallest) adjuster of the MU. At your own risk of course.

Edited by peejay4A

I have just had the same problem and sent it to Neil who did a first class job and gave great advice on refitting and bleeding injectors. My problem now is a slight misfire at idle and over run but no missing on full load. The other benefit is much improved fuel economy. Is my problem timing or fuel/air mixture at idle. Anyone with a tip please let me know

Talk to Neil first before fiddling.

Stuart.