Hello Formites.

I'm going to fit a alloy extra fuel tank from Kev Hart to stop whining pump when the tank starts to get emptyish while I'm there I wish to fit Braided hoses to and from the Bocsh pump to stop the smell of fuel in the boot. I will also need extra hoses to and from the extra tank, can somebody point me in the right direction to buy these hoses as I understand it's only certain hoses that will not smell.

I think this was covered a couple of years ago by Andrew Smith but don't seem to be able to find it.

Many thanks Mark

This is the set up from Kev.

This is Revington's part number for a braided teflon hose from the pump to the prv (or from the filter to the prv).

215642SS

This is the hose from the pump (or filter if you use a filer post a Boach pump) to the T-piece.

If you want to put stainless braided/teflon hoses from the tank to the pump you will need to make on up using An fittings.

Plenty of suppliers on the web.

R

215642SS

I am looking for the same extra tank, I searched on the web but did not find a supplier. Could you provide more info on Hev Hart (is he in the US ou in UK ?) and/or to source this sort of tank?

Best regards

Thanks Snowric.

I've just had a look at the Revington site and it sounds as if I might get resonance from the PRV if I don't upgrade it ( more expense )

Has anyone had this happen ?

Mark

I'm sure I ruffle feathers here by being a stickler for originality...but your extra fuel tank is a very worthy addition to fuel capacity and a work of metal-art in the old Racing car builders tradition!

However, I would only worry if my original Lucas fuel pump stopped whining! I find it very reassuring to hear it, and my boot (trunk) never, ever, smells of petrol!

Hi Mark,

I think you need R9 grade fuel hose. I have the Revington item you mention above, no resonance and only a small amount of fuel smell I think mine could be filter related!

I do like the piccy, have you gone back to the original colour in the boot

Hope to catch you soon,

Matt

Hi Marc.

Kev is UK based try giving him a ring on 07788437528. Very helpful guy.

Mark

Thank's a lot Mark, I shall contact him. Any email address or web site concerning Kev?

Best regards

Hi Mark,

I know I was just kidding on the colour.....

Yes I have the updated from revingtons, if you need a pressure gauge I have one I can lend you.

Are you heading to the IWE?

Matt

No I think he came up with the idea and has a few made to order, I think you just have to watch your spare wheel tyre size.

Mark

Thank's again, I shall contact Kev. over the week. For the spare wheel tyre size, I have the standard 185/70 R15and I shall inform Kev to anticipate any issue.

Regards