Fitting Moss Replacement seats

Given that my original seats have given up I decided to buy a new set from Moss. One factor was safety, they look good, offer better support and have a head rest - much safer than my old originals, which will be restored and saved.

Problem I noticed after fitting the drivers seat is that there appears to be no way of locking down the rear of the seat. I have fitted the new seat on to the original runners. My old seat had a bar running across the back of the seat and carries two catches which lock onto the end of the runner, making the seat secure. The new seat has no such device. Have I missed something? Will it get an MOT with a rocking seat? Cheers.

I have just fitted new moss seats and the rear of the seat bolts direct to the runner, these seats won't tilt forward as the originals did. You have to bolt the seats front and rear to the runner and then bolt into the car.

I think the problem is fitting them to existing runners, I think you need the runner kit as well.

Stuart.

Mike I got new runners as my old ones had seen better days, they are the same as the old ones. you need to remove the small plate at the rear of the runner which your old seats hooked onto, drill out the captive nut and bolt through this hole into your new seats.

Given that my original seats have given up I decided to buy a new set from Moss. One factor was safety, they look good, offer better support and have a head rest - much safer than my old originals, which will be restored and saved.

Problem I noticed after fitting the drivers seat is that there appears to be no way of locking down the rear of the seat. I have fitted the new seat on to the original runners. My old seat had a bar running across the back of the seat and carries two catches which lock onto the end of the runner, making the seat secure. The new seat has no such device. Have I missed something? Will it get an MOT with a rocking seat? Cheers.

I have just fitted new moss seats and the rear of the seat bolts direct to the runner, these seats won't tilt forward as the originals did. You have to bolt the seats front and rear to the runner and then bolt into the car.

Hi Mike & Daz

Do you have any photos that you could show us of your seats fitted and was there any problems of the seats sitting up high and also not being able to go back as far as the originals, for the taller driver. I believe that the seats that Moss sells now are an updated version.

Many Thanks.

Hi Mike & Daz

Do you have any photos that you could show us of your seats fitted and was there any problems of the seats sitting up high and also not being able to go back as far as the originals, for the taller driver. I believe that the seats that Moss sells now are an updated version.

Many Thanks.

I have the fitting instructions somewhere I will see if I can find them. I did make a bracket which allows the seat to slide back fully to touch the wheelarch which gave me an extra 25mm of leg room. they took a while to get right but I am pleased with the result ( I am 6 foot)