Idly thinking of my recent drag-strip experience and of Diane and Alec's TR8 Dragster.  Does anyone have any experence/advice/links that I could follow-up to look into doing this on an R-V8?

Malcolm.

NO2 is fairly crude, you basically have a bottle with a regualtor (like a gas welding bottle really) some jets to disperse the NO2 into the fuel/air mixture (either before the carb, under it or directly into the manifold) and a solinoid to switch the system on and off. As your rover V8 uses a Holley theres kits everywhere on ebay (mainly USA) Holley even produce some ready to fit kits.

holley NOS catalogue (1of4)

could I also surgest asking the people at the rover V8 forum? cos there's loads of discussion over there :D

http://www.v-8.org.uk/forum/

Cheers,

Tom

Guest dolomiteman

Depending on the jet sizes, whilst crude, NOS gives the engine a real kick in the pants. There is a Sprint which has 50 hp jets and a Cosworth powered Dolomite sporting 100 hp jets (800 hp total!) Ideally the engine should be rebuilt, particularly the bottom end, with this kind of surge anticipated. Both of these cars were very well prepared.

To just 'bolt on' a NOS kit that is going to give you any noticeable performance enhancement could very soon prove to be a costly mistake...

• 1 year later...

I'm running NoS on my High Comp TRv8 and have been since spring. It's far less 'rough and ready' than it used to be when I used it on Yanks 20yrs ago. My TR is on carbs and I use adapter plates between them and the manifold with twin nozzles to inject fuel air mix, into each manifold. I've rigged up a master arm switch and a secondary switch on the throttle so it only kicks in off 3/4 throttle upwards. Recently I've added a puirge kit to clean and clear the lines when not used for a while (and it looks cool as it vents NoS out of the bonnet vents when activated ... very 'Fast Furious' style...). Only complimentary mods are twin fuel pumps (elec for the fuel and additional fuel feed) race headers and straight through exhausts (lots more gas to exhaust you see), and sponge air filters along with cold air induction feeds to the filter spaces. an 11lb bottle lasts me a couple of months used on the occasion I feel the need to - the car is quick enough usually without NoS but 'Scoobys' seem to make me reach for the trigger quick enough ;-).

Stay well, Stay safe. B)