TR7 wheels

Guest DaveBearne

Guest DaveBearne

Hi,

Had my 7 for 6 months and have been using it daily. 6K miles and no breakdowns! Now the better weather is here I'm spending some time smartening it up - just cosmetic stuff. I've been offered (for a price) some 4 spoke revolutions that used to be on a 7. I like the idea of them, but they're 8" wide. Are they feasible or will they foul the arches, bugger up the handling etc? I can't do a test fit as the seller is at the other end of the country. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Dave.

Mine on 6 x 14 Comp TAs with 195/60 x 14 tyres. I personally think any wider is wasted. Mine is a Californian Shell (so rigid) completely rebuilt, fully polybushed & uprated & I suspect would struggle to use anything much wider. I think from experience tweaking various cars over the years you'd virtually need a suspension redesign to use anything much wider. Modern wider tyres DO NOT like very much camber change and that is just one of the things a 7 does.

Given a choice again I'd probably go 15inch MGF wheels if only because of the better tyre choice.

Jim

Dave.. Bring your car to the TR7 Marque Day at Maidstone on SUNDAY 15th MAY: the'll be loads of tyre\wheel combinations on show, together with advice by the bucket-load! Just turn up 10:00 onwards!  Maxwell :D
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Chris Draper
Yep that's right. Got 15 x 7's on mine & had to get the wheel arch lips rolled up to get clearance. I wouldn't think you'd get 8 inchers in there without flaring the arches.