Guys - looking for some more advice, this time re measurement of wheel widths - I know you measure to the inside face of each rim bead, but you can't do this if there is a tyre fitted - apart from removing the tyre, is there a typical depth I can use for the depth from the inside of the rim bead to the outside furthest edge of the bead - and is it normally the same measurement on the inside and outside bead?

In this case I am talking about a set of steel Cooper S reverse rims ( LP918) I have with tyres on - apart from the afore mentioned identification, I can find no other marks on the wheels.

Having measured the overall width with the tyre on, and taken off for the tyre overhang of the rim, I have calculated the outside to outside width of the wheel to be a knats whisker under 5 .5 inches - from what I can gather 5" R/Rims are quite rare and hence more valuable than 4.5 inch, but I don't know which I have!

Anyone got any ideas - they will be for sale if anyone is interested

cheers

Rich

Hi all - in case anyone is interested, and possibly for future reference, I got the tyre removed so can measure it accurately - they are 4.5Js - the overall width is 5 3/8" (measured with a tape so not totally accurate for you engineering boys!).

If anyone is interested, I have a set of 4 ( 3 with tyres fit only for the scrapheap) and an ordinairy 3.5J standard mini wheel and tyre, which I am looking to sell - will also put separate ad in "Buy &Sell"

cheers Rich

Hi Rich

As it happens I am looking for Cooper S non reverse rims 4.5"J, so not certain if you know for sure whether they are reverse of standard?. The standard rims have less offset to the outside, whereas, obviously the reverse rims have more offset.

I am rebuilding a Mk1 S currently, and have a set of non reverse I don't need, as I am going for standard. Also is the 3.5"J rim a Cooper S one (with the 9 holes)

Cheers Kevin

Kevin - I have 4 number 4.5J x 10 which are Dunlop LP 918s - as far as I know, these are the reverse rim Cooper S wheels - they have 9 small circular holes and the offset is clearly on the outside of the wheel.

The 5th wheel is not a cooper S wheel but a standard 3.5J mini wheel ( a 21A 881) - I'm trying to upload some photos but the forum is refusing to allow me to upload - I have resized the photos and they are well within tolerance - if you like PM me your email address and I'll email the photos

cheers

Rich

Kevin - finally managed to upload photos if this helps. Having re-read your response, I slightly confused as to whether you want reverse rims or non reverse rims! Mine are definitely reverse rims so please let me know if you are interested in these.

cheers

Rich

• 3 weeks later...