SD1 calipers

Hi Simon

No they don't fit. I do know that Princess 4 pot callipers fit if the holes are welded up and re-drilled. Or ford Capri callipers are a direct fit but are still only two pot.

Steve

Steve

In my experience the princess caliper is a direct bolt fit onto a Tr8 disc, it only needed the usual shims for tweaking. the problem is finding the calipers in good nick now.

Cheers

Andy

The Capri set-up may only be 2-pot but it works very well.  It's also possible to get some decent grooved/vented discs and kevlar pads.  Worked a wonder on my V8 DHC.  The current V8 FHC has Princess (or Ambassador?) brakes.  You might want to read Martin Randle's  blog  as he is installing a Volvo/BMW set-up for his rally car that sounds most interesting.

Malcolm.

Cheers guy's I'm actually running genuine TR8 calipers and disks but wanted to try some larger options as I'm advised this set up with EBC green stuff pads would be a little weedy for the V8 efi i'm running, so thought maybe I could adapt some Vitesse units. Unfortunatly I work for an OEM and know what these things cost and am getting a little fed up with being ripped off for the retail prices we seem to be charged for these items!