Tracking Down a TR5 I Once Owned

In the 1970's I owned a TR5, registration number SVF 133G, and I sold it nr Oxford in/around 1980. Any idea if its still on the road and who owns it?

I now live in Texas, brought another TR5 over with me, SRF 700G. Still with Lucas PI and I'm able to run it in the Texas heat. I plan to keep this one!

Thx.

Jim

It looks as though it is not on the road or on SORN.

The info from the DVLA is also showing that it is not classed as Historic i.e. free road tax. It was last taxed in 1983 :(

It may no longer be with us....

Registration number: SVF 133G
✗ Untaxed

Expired: 01 December 1983

MOT

No details held by DVLA

Vehicle excise duty Vehicle excise duty rate for vehicle 6 Month rate £126.50 12 Month rate £230.00 Vehicle details
  • Vehicle make TRIUMPH
  • Date of first registration 31 December 1968
  • Year of manufacture 0001
  • Cylinder capacity (cc) 2498cc
  • CO₂Emissions Not available
  • Fuel type PETROL
  • Export marker N
  • Vehicle status Not taxed
  • Vehicle colour RED
  • Vehicle type approval Not available
Edited by dykins

Jim,have you Contacted Roger Ferris as he is the TR5 Register and would have almost all details of Cars that are still around,has he got the Details of your present Car,I'm sure he would appreciate an update.

Hi All, Jim especially

SVF 133G is still around and I would post a picture if I could work out how to do so...

The present owner is my neighbour, a certain Piers Chalmers who lives near Bristol.

The car is in poor condition and a complete restoration is planned but it is in a queue

with a TR3 and a TR5 before it in the queue and before work on it starts. The TR5

should be completed next year and it is hoped that SVF133G will be on the road the

year after that, ie during 2016. However, the restorer is very busy so dates are only

approximate. If you want to know anything more then PM me, Jim and I will let you

have my email address and send you pics via email.

Cheers

Rob

Its great to locate the car and to know it will be back on the road at some point. Last road tax in '83 was about 3 years after I sold it - remarkable to think it hasn't been registered in ~30 years!

Thanks for all the information and I'll reach out to Roger as suggested.

Btw - I'm just making my first connections with TR5 owners in the USA - I understand there are a few 5's over here but none close to me in Texas.

Jim

In the 1970's I owned a TR5, registration number SVF 133G, and I sold it nr Oxford in/around 1980. Any idea if its still on the road and who owns it?

I now live in Texas, brought another TR5 over with me, SRF 700G. Still with Lucas PI and I'm able to run it in the Texas heat. I plan to keep this one!

Thx.

If you are interested check out www.6-pack.org for folks/groups a little closer to home. I know they will all be interested in your car.

I have a TR6 PI which does just fine in the southern Nevada desert heat. The drive sometime does not do as well:)

Simon

Hi Simon

Apologies, but off-topic I'm afraid. Altho SVF133G is mine in the name of my grandson. He is 5 years old

so won't be in a hurry to claim it as his own yet awhile.

I will be in Vegas in Sept or October for a week with a fellow petrol-head, date currently flexible. Can you

suggest anything or anywhere not to be missed ? No problem if not but thanks in advance in any case.

Rob