Can I switch the top covers on the float chambers with each other - I am trying to re-route my fuel line coming from the pump, and would like to put the front float cover on the rear and vice versa - this will allow me to put the fuel feed from the pump on the rear carb. Anybody do this before?

Can't see a problem with switching them. The overflows should be routed away from the engine.

You will have to use a fuel line which can cope with modern petrol. We had trouble sealing the float arm to carb body with the two top hat washers. It was cured by using a copper washer as well which compressed the rubber a bit more and it is now dry.

Will you be running the fuel line along the battery box?

I am guessing you have SU HS6 fitted to your TR4A.

Get a pair of gaskets in your hand before you start. They usually fail as the lids are removed.

Cheers

Peter W

Peter, yes SU's on a 66 4A - thanks for the hint on gaskets. Planning on using Teflon lined braided fuel line, and routing under the battery box, to get a cleaner look to the lines. Point taken on the overflow Dick, thank u.

This car has been through the wars a bit. Originally owned by Al Haynes the 60's wrestler - know in the UK as Judo Al Hayes and here in the States as Lord Alfred Haynes - it started life on the East coast and suffered heavy tin worm. Moved to Texas I. The 80's and sat for many years.

Rear ended 2 years ago, prompting complete restoration - frame, bodywork, new paint, floor pans and transmission swap - now fighting fit and ready again for action.

Thanks for the advice.

I think it would be better if we just place posts on one only of the Forum areas.

I replied to this topic in the TR4 area, as did others, only to find my post missing from this one !

Just a thought.

Best wishes

Bob.