TR8 Le-Mans car

I read in Richard Connew's TR7-8 club magazine that the Le-Mans turbo TR8 has now been bought by Bert Smeets who intends to get it running and bring it back to Le-Mans, perhaps as soon as 2006.  I for one am looking forward to seeing the car back out on the track.  It has been away for far too long  :cool:

Malcolm.

I asked Bert a few weeks ago if he could bring it to Billing. Although he lives in Belgium, I think the cars are usually in the UK to keep the valuable registration numbers.

All,

It would be good to see this Le Mans car in this country but the one for me is seeing the car at Le Mans. I will be off to see the car in its full splender racing, if Bert makes it. The only problem I can see, the last classic Le Mans was the same time as the TR Registers national in 2004. Well worth a trip over to france and be amazed by this event.

Jim Johnson