Cockpit re-firbishment and upgrade

I am just starting on a re-firb and upgrade of my 6 cockpit, the soft fittings are all sorted in essence and my mind turns to switches etc, I would be interested to learn of fellow 6ers recommendations in respect of which supplemental features have proven useful or even invaluable such as cigar lighter power socket, interior light fittings etc etc. I am going to fit seat warmers in the MX5 seats and also I have 2 or even 4 original Lucas driving lights to fit at some stage and would like to plan for these to be switched within the cockpit.

Thanks

Many of us have fitted power sockets for satnavs and extra interior lights too.

Replacing the instrument dimmer for a clock or something else useful also quite popular (though most radios have a clock these days).

Rear fog. Hazards if not already fitted. Variable wipers. Replace bi-metal flasher unit with electronic.

Forget about extra lights, too cluttered IMHO. Fit headlamp relays, Cibie lamps and quality bulbs instead and you won't need them.

If you must have driving lights will need to be wired through a relay to come on with main beam so don't need a switch.

You will be needing extra fuse and relay capacity, and an alternator upgrade.

What have I missed?

Jerry

Wow Jerry that's going to really pimp my ride !!! The 12v sockets I can see really useful, Have you any info on wiper varispeed and hazards ?

Kevin

You could consider fitting a digital thermometer/clock. Lidl are selling a neat unit in black (approx 5” x 1”) which displays inside temperature, outside temperature and time, simultaneously. I bought one for the ambient air sensor. This, the outside air temperature sensor, is a small device at the end of 3 metre of cable, so it can be located at grille area. Also has an ice warning bleeper, which is handy if you drive the TR in the winter. The units were selling for £3:49, which is less than a pint of beer in Surrey! Jerry

That is a good idea westaj, is this a current Lidl offer or past, I have just been on line and this weeks offer is a large tin of polish Spam !!!

I can only dream of a pint at £3.49 !!!!

Thank you one and ALL for your input, some really good ideas, I have tended to forget how poor the cockpit/boot lighting is as its a very rare day that my 6 is used at night, even rarer when its wet !!!

I should get started this weekend and as is the way finished just in time for Spring !

Kevin