1973 TR6's soon to be road tax free

Guys

In this year's budget the chancellor advised that all 1973 built cars would be road tax free from April 2014. Or that's how I understand it.

My October 1973 built TR6 is on SORN for some work to be done over the winter and I propose to go back on the road on 1 April 2014.

Can anybody advise if I will automatically qualify for £0.00 road tax or do I need the V5C ammended to be "Historic Vehicle"? and if so is there a Form I have to send to DVLA.

As ever, thanks in advance.

Regards

Tim

I asked the DVLA about this. The reply I received was that I couldn't apply for a change of vehicle classification until April 1st arrived and then it would take some time to process. This seems to mean waiting and not being able to drive the car immediately on April 1st-the chap said they wouldn't be able to start processing the changes prior to April 1st as it wouldn't be legal beforehand-seems odd to me!