Gear lever jam nut 506157

At the NEC Show, Mike Walter told me that he was missing this nut and had no idea how to obtain one as it is an odd size: 7/16" AF, 32 TPI and very slim.

Moss don't list it, but Revington has it superseded by NP505064 - which is available and less than a quid!

Ian Cornish

Thanks, Ian -- this is a tricky little bit. And for those who missed a similar discussion a few months ago:

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/41828-gearknob-locking-nut/&do=findComment&comment=324185

Edited by Don H.

Is this car a TR 2/3? If so.....

109047 is the lock nut for TR 2/3 gear lever They are made in England and Moss stock them.

Correct 7/16. X 32 ME thread..

I prototyped them for the maker.

Cheers

Peter W

PS NP 505064 I guess is a 5/15 Unc to me that fits tr4 onwards.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Mike Walter told me that he was looking for a nut to lock his knob (well ... the car's) onto the gear lever.

Looking at the TR2/3 WSM, I cannot see a nut up there, but 109047 would appear to be present to lock the gear lever to the ball end (i.e. at the bottom of the lever). It's 44 years since I owned a TR2, so I cannot remember how the knob (which was alloy in my case) was locked to the gear lever.

On the TR4, the ball end and gear lever are a single item, but there's a jam nut (506157) to secure the knob to the gear lever. I thought this was what Mike needed, and Revington lists NP505064 for that duty.

I am sure that my old friend Peter will correct me if I have made a mistake.

Ian Cornish