A very nice German registered Italia in maroon paint passed me at Buxted, East Sussex, yesterday lunchtime heading East towards Heathfield.

Sehr schon mein herr!

Quite made my day - thank you.

Willie

That will be Paul Williams in #225, heading for Goodwood.

Originally owned by Edgardo Michelotti (son of Giovanni) and known as the 'Michelotti Italia.'

Owned & restored by the Heinrici brothers in Germany before coming to Paul, who is an ex-pat Brit living in Germany.

Please would any Forumites at Goodwood find and say hello to Paul - I was hoping to meet him but have been unavoidably detained elsewhere.

He said he would be there all weekend.

Edited by Paul Harvey

Pretty car! Back in the late Seventies when the Iran Iraq war was on a garage down in Putney dragged a silver one in that had been abandoned on the side of the road with the old GLC sticker on it threatening to dispose of it if it wasnt removed in seven days. Iranian plates and no trace of the owner. Cleaned up a treat, someone had a bargain :o

Stuart.

There are a number of very pretty Italian coupes by Touring/Farina/Vignale from the late 50s/early 60s that have never been bettered for purity of line and sheer thoroughbred class.

They are still undervalued by the market compared to their exotic Spider/soft-top cousins.

Most are expensive to run and maintain with their exotic Italian engines with one notable exception..........

There was a 440GT in London earlier this month and a few other half decent coupes to boot!

http://www.velocetoday.com/salon-prive-st-james-concour/

The 250GTL Lusso would fit in my garage if only show how gorgeous the Italia is even against one of the most valuable cars in the world!

And the finish on the Best in Show California Spider is unbelievable!

Cellulose Stuart?