original radiator overflow tubing sample desired

Hi. Likely should be in the BST section but figured I'd get a more focused review here - I'd like to try to get the original overflow tubing made. This is the stuff with the 'ribs' rather like the heater5 hoses under the dash. Years ago I went through some radiators to get the best bits to assemble one for me 3A and remember seeing some but those rads are long gone.

Speaking of radiators, what's the chance of finding a pre 1200 radiator? Actually don't need the whole thing; just the upper tank. A tall order but I thought I'd give it a whirl...

I bought my 1958 TR3A brand new and the rubber hose for the radiator overflow was always black rubber with no ribs of ridges on the outside. This is the hose that slides onto the spigot just below the filler cap on the extending filler box.

Hi Don - haven't seen or spoke with you in awhile. Think the last time was way back at TRA when that gal had the funny front apron and I sent her to see yours...

I'm sure there were different sources for these hoses; several of the original rads I went through had the ribbed stuff including my very original TS50190L which I wish I'd restored as it would have been so easy. At the very least, we will have the option of using something distinctive!

Thanks Viv. They do make two sizes or overflow tubing but I don't think it has the ribs. I can contact them to see.

JW

Edited by jdwtrxk