TR7..Not a Triumph TR?

Having just recieved the latest edition of Triumph World Mag, I noticed a book advertised for sale written by a chap called Bill Piggott. The title is: "TR2-6 The last of the traditional sports cars" "The full story of the TRs"  

This suggests that the "7" is neither a "traditional sports car" nor "part of the full Triumph story"

I'm sure us TR7 owners are not offended by this but, if Mr Piggott ever applies to join the TR Register I think he should be instructed on TR history before we let him in!

Alan. :D

Unfortunately it's a bit too late to stop Bill getting into the TR Register.  He's been a member as far as anyone can remember and is now club archivist, which makes him my boss!!  

Malcolm

Happy not to own a 'TRaditional TR' thanks  :laugh:

Allan,

Suggest that you take up the issue with the editor of Triumph World. "The Full Story of the TR's" does not appear in the title of Bill's book and the book as its title infers covers the seperate chassis TR2-6. I have a copy of the book and nowhere is it inferred in the book that the TR7 or TR8 aren't TR's. There is however a photograph on the last but one page of a TR7 drophead and the caption says "What came later. the TR7 promised much but was handicapped by inept management and poor build quality"

Suggest that you get a copy of Bill's book "Original TR7 & TR8" before you attempt to teach him about the history of the TR range.

Regards

Derek

A lover of all TR's TR2-8

:D

Derek's hit the nail on the head.  The TR7's exclusion from the main part of the book is because it was an all new design and not an evolution as with previous TRs.  I'm sure Bill's intention isn't to imply the TR7 is no TR.

Malcolm.

Come on chaps, lighten up a little; let's not get all defensive now.  

If I can see Allan is only casting a fly on the water, surely you can too?  - "wooh, got a live one here!"

We don't always have to be so serious, do we? ???  

The trouble is, we’ve all been spoilt by Robgeev – who, as it happens, has been sadly quiet on the controversial front recently.  ???

Regards

Andrew

I found the 'teaching Bill Piggott about TR history' comment VERY funny in the circumstances.  Derek has to stand up for him really though as he's famously non-computer literate so won't be dropping in to comment himself  :D

Malcolm.

Gosh, thats the last time I try to put a bit of humor into the forum. I was only trying to generate a bit of fun.

As a Register member I feel that I should be allowed to do this without the roof coming down! Lighten up you chaps and enjoy a bit of banter! :D

PS. Is it true that we have someone working in the Register that can't use a computer? :D  :)  :laugh: