driving question

My TR4 is now running and I have clocked about 60 miles, I had a few problems, thankfully minor but time-consuming.

Speedo head was seized, which ruined the angle drive, Speedo sent to a gent in Keighley for calibrating speed and mileage with the 3.45 diff I fitted, once received a 2 day turn round promised.

My question is regarding the rear suspension, I have retained the lever arm shockers and the original springs, the spring is mounted on a 6" ish alloy housing.

Is this system harsher than the spring arrangement without the spacer, Its a different spring I think?

Anyone know the answer please.

I also had to change a new indicator stalk made of toffee, for one that worked!! just wish I could find out where I bought it from.

The "Deep dish" spring arrangement was supposed to reduce roll or something like that. AFIK the spring rate is the same as the ordinary ones though the "Set" of the spring is different. I have them on my solid axle 4a and as there is only one rate of spring available for that model I have spring clamps and uprated lever arms as I found them way to soft.

Stuart.