TR4a rear wheel camber

Hi all,

During the last few years whilst working and restoring my 4a, I have been carefully reading all the stories and pitfalls of restoration and ensuring I could avoid most of them. I am now at a position where the body is in for paint and the chassis and running gear is complete, well mostly, but would value an opinion, well it is the forum and so I will get more than one, of whether my camber is excessive, or whether this is normal for a "naked" chassis. I have renewed the trailing arm mount sections of the chassis, along with all of the chassis sections from the diff mount back, so am expecting that there may be some "misalignment". I have also looked at Buckeye's web site for bracket combinations, and have procured a pair of 3 notch brackets if I need them. I did have the body on to move it and the wheels didn't seem to move much. So is it excessive or will I be pleased when it is trimmed and has fuel? I have attached a picture.... I hope

post-4283-0-35300300-1367929219_thumb.jpg

post-4283-0-35300300-1367929219_thumb.jpg

Even fully built you will need to run it around a bit to get everything to settle properly before trying to adjust anything. Keep building chap and worry about it then.

Stuart.

Thanks guys, your replies have been a great help, I'll post the results in a few weeks when hopefully I will have more weight on the car. It is a great feeling to be this close after 8 years but am aware of all the effort in some of the threads in getting through the next stages, MOT and reliable running.

The rear springs look new to me so, if standard, are probably the ones for a late TR6 as they seem to be the only ones available. Since these are longer than the original 4A springs the TR6 rear suspension mounting brackets (3 notch and 1 notch) should also be adopted to obtain the correct ride height/camber (Ref the article in TRaction issue 262).

Tim