Registration.Number PYT2

A friend of mine has PYT2 on retention and is considering selling. This used to be on TR3A that he used to own, which had a racing history. I think he also has a photo of the car on track.

Any interest.If so I can make a link

Mal

Ah yes, PYT 2...this was the Wilen Engineering TR2 with the bizarre front apron as mentioned at some length in my green Sidescreen TR Compendium book from circa 1995....indeed it was raced and some prodigiously unbelievable performance figures were claimed for it....what happened to the actual car one wonders? Strange that both PYT2 and PYW 2 should surface on the forum so closely together.....Bill P

I drove in the car years ago with the reg owner, just happens to be he kept the reg as part of his personal history. I'll check some more with him.

The TR that the number came from was a 1959 TR3A and so the number must have been moved from the TR2 to the 3A.

Anyroad up, the registration number would be for sale, if anyone has an interest.

• 3 weeks later...

I last saw the original Willen car here in Northern Ireland about 3 years ago when we tried to get the TR Register up and running here again. Believe the owner was a young doctor who had just bought it from England and was on a A plate. He did not know about the cars history. Interesting