Help Please

Guest Alan Crome

Guest Alan Crome

Hi

I'm new here.  I'm a member of the Dolomite Club on a quest to find my late Uncle's TR7 - can anyone help please ?

I have hpi'ed the car and it still shows that it is in existence.  It is a 1978 FHC AUTO in white with a full webasto sun roof.  It was sold in 1992 and moved to the Oxon area.

The story goes it was bought less than a year old and brought back here to the Isle of Wight and used as a 'summer only' car until my Uncle's death in 1992,  He contracted cancer and set about totally rebuilding the car, we firmly believe that it was only his determination in finishing the car that kept him alive in the last 3 months of his life.

Unfortunatley he never did get to drive the car after he'd finished it.

The car reg number is EHO 448S.

Anyone please  ???

Alan,

The car is still listed with the DVLA(accessed through the RAC site). Last owner changed 21 October 2001. Unfortunately it doesn't list the whereabouts, but you can contact the DVLA to get a list of owners if you have a good reason. Have a look on the DVLA website.

Graeme

Guest pimento76

Alan

I tried to trace one of my fathers old cars last year through DVLA

They were unable/unwilling to give me the details directly because of Data Protection but they were willing to pass on my details to the current owner, for him to contact me.

It worked  - he did contact, but unfortunately the car had long been scrapped - he just hadnt notified DVLA - at least i found out - hope u get better luck

Guest Alan Crome

Hmmmm, Interesting .

I assume I would just have to write to Swansea and ask first before sending the letter ?

Do I have to enclose a stamp or any fee before they can foward on the letter Pimento '76 ?

Guest pimento76

Alan

Initially I wrote to DVLA - if u go to their website I'm sure the address and relevant request is in it - it costs £5 approx.

I explained that my father had cancer and wanted to find out about his car before he died.

DVLA then wrote back, sympathised with my situation, but could not pass out info because of DP Act, and I was not the current owner.

I telephoned them and they agreed that if I sent a letter (for the attention of the current registered keeper) direct to them they would send it to him/her, without divulging the owners name to me - hence not breaking the DP Act.

This put the onus on the current keeper to contact me , but only if they wanted.

As I said previously, he did contact me

Hope this helps

• 7 months later...
Guest Alan Crome

Just to say FOUND!

Without boring you all - if you want that go to Whatever Happened too.

Does the club have county reps ? - one for Cambrigeshire would be nice.

Or does anyone now recognise the car ?

f5_12_sb.JPG

Any help in contacting the owner would be appreciated.

Guest Alan Crome

Yes, thanks Graham, this is where I got the photo from (it looked like new when sold in 1992).

I am stiil awaiting any correspondance from the present owner/Seller that I contacted via ebay.

However, if anyone else knows the car (it maybe local to them) could they contact me please.