Brembo Brake Discs in the UK - gone forever?

Ok, have been told to get Brembo discs because they are true and don't warp. They are all over eBay. Until you call. NO ONE has any Brembo discs for a TR4A (08.1629.10) nor any idea when they will ever see them again. EVERYONE is waiting for a manufacturing run out of the factory. Except me.

I know they are Italian and it's a mess there, etc etc.

a) should I keep trying and does anyone have a source?

B) should I chuck it? and go with a better (more expensive) set of discs, like ......(brand names welcome...)

Ron

Ron,

They have been out of stock for at least three years, probably longer. I ended up buying the moss ones and with Mintex 1144 pads are excellent.

Cheers

Graeme

Thanks for that. Wonder why everything is still advertised on eBay? I may choose to have my existing discs cleaned and resurfaced. But I will explore Moss as well.. Thanks for the pad suggestion.

I have twin pot Girling calipers - what specs do I need to know for pad sizes with Mintex 1144? And, where is the best place to get them? Many thanks

Thanks - I have a hunch I will resurface my current discs and refit my refurbished calipers (done at Biggred). I'm not a high speed driver but I did finally source Mintex 1144. Called the distributor direct and they sold them to me with a retail discount of about £50-ish plus VAT. Expecting next day delivery (today).......