Where to install fuel inertia switch?

Hoping to install the land rover type fuel inertia switch I acquired some months ago. Vertical surfaces in the 3A are few. I am thinking on the bulkhead n/s, below the battery box, to the left of where the temp sensor 'cable' goes through it.

Is there a preferred location for a 3A or what have others done?

Thanks in advance - Miles

Perhaps I overlooked the obvious: are you switching to an electric pump?

Back on topic: when using that spot on the bulkhead, make sure that there's a flexible hose between the pipe (that's attached to the chassis) and the bulkhead: both the bulkhead and chassis tend to flex. Not a lot, but when using a rigid pipe, there's a chance it will break.

Menno

Yes, already have a Facit pump installed. I have a manual cut off tap to ease maintenance on filter and carbs but now want to install the electric inertia switch to protect in the event of a 'shunt''.

Miles

Thanks Viv. That was also on my (short) list of possible locations.

Another is to add a vertical plate to the side of the bracket for the battery cut off switch which straddles and is bolted to, the box to which the clutch and brake cylinders are mounted.

Miles

Miles,

Good to see you treating the fire risk seriously, rear cockpit Alloy fire wall fitment ?

Mick Richards

Hi Mick

I have read your previous encouragement to install the fire wall and it's on the list.

As it will be a big task for me I need to catch up with Guy (Jersey Royal) on how his installation went or might just outsource this task!

Miles