Identifying the top hose on a Grinnall V8

Can anyone help me find a top hose for my Grinnall V8 ? The Rimmer TR7V8 offering I bought looks designed for a horizontal outlet from the thermostat housing, whereas mine is cranked upwards at 45 degrees?

Please see attached photo.

Does it come from an SD1? Something else?

Thanks

Al

post-10663-0-38989200-1362742993_thumb.jpg

post-10663-0-38989200-1362742993_thumb.jpg

Thanks for this Wayne.

I've cut the old pipe and put in a bleed valve using a revington adaptor. I can recommend the bleed valve as making bleeding dead easy. I'm going to get an SD1 hose to see if it fits and because I would like to have a spare to hand. I'd originally planned to do this with a new hose, and keep the old as a spare.

I think that if push comes to shove I can put together something with 2 x 90 degree elbows, a 45 degree elbow and a straight pipe, and it's good to find someone who's been down this road and made it work.

When I get this sorted, I am likely to embark on the exhaust project you've taken an interest in.

Best wishes

Al

Guest Wayne S

Al,

Here's a pic on my engine bay where you can just about see how the top hose is fabricated.

One 90 degree section off the thermostat housing. Then a flexible section (reinforced with wire coil to make it bend not fold) to the radiator. The sensor for the electric fan also screws into the stainless steel joiner pipe.

Looks neat and has lasted very well, still in new condition nearly 4 years later as you can see!

picseng1.jpg

Do keep me posted on the exhaust project, Best regards.

Edited by Wayne S

Acaie

I am currently running an 82 c thermostat. This is a Wahler large bore dia from a TVR griffith.

Temperature gauge runs steady just over 1/2 , But i have an alifab alloy radiator with a 16" puller fan. The temperature creeps up in summer traffic but the fan cools the engine down and switches off using the revotech electronic switch, The engine is also 5ltr from v8 developments.

Top hose on my engine is made from a combination of silicone with the sensor in the top hose , I have no distributor in the way (using coil packs) so I have a custom made thermostat housing that is straight out thus avoiding the kink upwards you get to avoid the distributor. The offenhauser manifold also has a capillary temperature sensor fitted for a more accurate reading.If you want any pics just email keith1alex@hotmail.com

Edited by knortech

Acaie

I am currently running an 82 c thermostat. This is a Wahler large bore dia from a TVR griffith.

Temperature gauge runs steady just over 1/2 , But i have an alifab alloy radiator with a 16" puller fan. The temperature creeps up in summer traffic but the fan cools the engine down and switches off using the revotech electronic switch, The engine is also 5ltr from v8 developments.

Top hose on my engine is made from a combination of silicone with the sensor in the top hose , I have no distributor in the way (using coil packs) so I have a custom made thermostat housing that is straight out thus avoiding the kink upwards you get to avoid the distributor. The offenhauser manifold also has a capillary temperature sensor fitted for a more accurate reading.If you want any pics just email keith1alex@hotmail.com

What bhp does your 5litre push out?

Regards

Jo