3A Post 60 Shell, Fire wall/fluid barrier Photo

Neil can probably supply one ? I helped him with the originals some 35 years ago . . . .

Cheers

Alec

-----------------------------------------------------------

Yup i have asked Rtr for a photo.

So if it dont fit i can blame you :lol: . Jokes apart a photo of part

fitted would have been useful, and was what i expect as most upgrades,if you like,

from Rtr with further details. :)

Cheers

Guy

Edit

The thing is the barrier will be different depending on whether you have a sloping or flat floor, Rtr used to produce a barrier for

each type, now they only make the one , which is for the sloping floors. So if you have a flat floor post 60 shell the barrier you recieve

will be deeper than you require and require more trimming. This is why a photo would be useful. I have Alan at Rtr on the case.

Revington dont have a photo and Neil R sidescreen isnt on site.

Edited by Jersey Royal

Hi Guy,

The firewall has had a couple of photos loaded recently last by AlanR but on a TR4 as I remember, gives you the idea but of course different to a sidescreen car.

As regards how to seal it I've used dum dum or non setting windscreen sealer on some, and on competition cars Everflex FireMate (it's intumescent) which is available through hardware stores (I think B+Q and others) and I then finished it with Fibreglass over the edging (probably over the top). The fibreglass covering was largley so that RAC scrutineers could see a sealing agent had been used for the firewall.

You don't have to get too anal here, although its an advantage if the sealer is fuel resistant It's more important to just make sure you have a sealed fire wall bulkhead there which the dum dum and others will accomplish. If you are trapped in the car upside down and the fuel has flooded the boot, by the time the sealing agent has been eroded by the fuel (even if not proof to it, some consderable minutes ) you would have an enormous headache from the blood rush to the head ! lol

Mick Richards

Thanks Mick.

For info heres a picture of Alans firewall in his 4

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/38992-experience-with-aluminium-sumpsnegative-camber/?p=303566

Whereas a Tr3 is slightly more difficult as it curves over the top of the tank. Following info from Neil Rev, on a built up car

the best way to fit is by using ally angles, rivet them to floor and sides and rivet firewall to that.

Sounds easy doesnt it.

There is one area between the inner and outer rear wing, only small but will require packing with a piece of card and then covering with

Fibregalss.

Thanks also NTC for your call, feel much happier about doing it now.

All system full steam ahead :)

Cheers

Guy

Well its in place, vinyl back board fits in place nicely. :)

Overcut on the arches so am going to put additional piece over.

Have fire stuff to get and put in.

Its not an easy job.

When its complete will take a couple pics and give you my experiences of it

so you are for warned. :)

Cheer

Guy