Hello everybody,

Does anyone know what the brand of radio is that wil fit in  our beloved car's.

The dept is the most important because i am now trying to fit a philips radio/cassette but this one sticks out 5 CM

I am hoping there is a brand with radio/cd that wil fit.

greetings Herman

Can't help with a make/model as I have not got that far yet myself but I was advised on another thread on another forum that it's not only the depth you need to worry about if you want a cd player. Apparently many cd players will not play reliably, or at all, at the angle that the unit has to be at in the 7 (45 degrees or so to the horizontal) so you need to check that in the specs too ............. apparently.

I fitted a late model Clarion MP3/CD player & after trimming the size of the entry hole found it all fitted remarkably well. iThe CD performs ok @ 45 deg although max recommended is 30deg. It has not skipped yet anyway!

Andy

If you are at all concerned about fitting the cd at a strange angle, you could always fit a standard radio/cassette to the console and then stick a stack unit in the boot in the correct orientation. Mine is a Sony XR-CA370X head unit with matching six-stack in the boot.

Gary  :o

Further to Garys comment about a 6 stack, have a look at www.scan.co.uk they were offering a Blaupunkt for around £ 130 for head and changer units.

My missus wouldn't sacrifice the boot space for the CD changer! Would mean less room for clothes & shoes......

Jim

Just in case it's relevant, my CD player skips under heavy braking. A solution around this is to use an MP3 player instead, Lidl or Aldi have some for 50 quid, no idea what the quality is like but solid state memory won't care about the angle / accelerations.
Just in case it's relevant, my CD player skips under heavy braking. A solution around this is to use an MP3 player instead, Lidl or Aldi have some for 50 quid, no idea what the quality is like but solid state memory won't care about the angle / accelerations.

They might if the MP3 is being read from CD (You'd be OK if it has sufficient buffer memory or the input is from card, HD etc)